Stained Glass FAQ's
For the purpose of FAQ's, the general term decorative glass is used to cover all types of glass that I manufacture including:- traditional stained glass, leaded lights, etched and sandblasted glass, fused glass, painted and enamelled kiln fired glass.
- What type of work do you undertake?
I manufacture decorative glass for domestic and commercial property. My commissions range from a single decorative glass panel to large projects from conservatories and porches to public houses, hotels, restaurants, bars, universities, schools, sporting clubs, churches, synagogues, mosques and even a prison.
- How long have you been doing this?
Over 30 years.
- Can I have a decorative glass window?
Yes. I can manufacture to any size or shape you require, for example for a door panel.
- How do I go about getting a decorative glass window?
Contact me to discuss your requirements.
- My project is a curved/arched/unusual shape, is that a problem?
No problem. I can always make a template for a particular shape.
- What sort of design can I have?
Any design at all. I can advise on the various techniques to achieve your objective.
- Do you have designs I can look at?
Yes. There are a few pictures of my work in the galleries of this website. In addition, I can show you thousands of photos of my previous work at my studio.
- Can you match up existing designs I have in my house?
Yes. I can match the designs you have and usually get a good match for the colours, however, some textures of old glass are no longer manufactured but I can show you a range of alternatives.
- Can I choose the colours I want?
Yes, I have hundreds of samples available to choose from.
- Is it possible to include fine detail in the design?
Yes. I can show you examples of what detail can be achieved in glass using painting, etching and fusing techniques.
- My window frame is divided into sections, can you still do an overall design in decorative glass?
Yes. I can always do scale drawings to help you visualise the finished project..
- I have seen a design I like, can you copy it?
Yes. I will also work to your own design if you want to do one.
- Can I have decorative glass in an unorthodox setting, as a garden sculpture or skylight for example?
Yes. Attention must be paid to safety and the manner of fixing the glass.
- Can I have my decorative glass encapsulated in a double glazed unit?
Yes. I can supply the decorative glass in a double glazed panel, in effect a triple glazed panel.
- Do you install the decorative glass?
Yes. I can install if you wish, deliver to you or you can collect from the workshop.
- Which areas do you cover?
All areas of the UK. Many of my works have been exported as far away as China, Japan, Australia, USA and most European countries.
- How much will it cost?
All prices are based on the size and complexity of the work. Contact me with an outline of your project for a ball park estimate.